By: Mark Mackson, on September 18, 2017
Read Time = 1 minute
If you’ve ever tried reading your monthly credit card processing statement, you know that it was written with so many unexplained acronyms, randomly placed numbers and confusing computations that it’s obvious they don’t want you to understand it. The reason: if you can’t understand your bill, you won’t realize how much you’re overpaying and can’t price shop. Thankfully, once we decode the bill for you, it’s not all that hard to understand…..
The Goal of Understanding Statements
The goal of understanding a monthly processing statement is being able to answer the following questions:
- How much am I paying in base cost?
- How much am I paying in markups?
- Can I lower base costs?
- Is my markup competitive?
Each of these components is crucial to ensuring that you’re paying as little as possible for credit card processing.
Barriers to Understanding Statements
The three main barriers to understanding a merchant processing statement are: lack of knowledge, lack of consistency and lack of transparency. Let’s look at how to address each of these barriers.
Not knowing what to look for is the main barrier to understanding a processing statement. Fundamental knowledge of how credit card processing fees work is a prerequisite to deciphering charges on a processing statement.
The layout and structure of statements vary widely among merchant service providers, making for many different formats. Not only does this make it tough to understand charges on individual statements, it makes it tough to learn how to read a statement.
Merchant service statements embody the lack of transparency that is a major systemic issue in the credit card processing industry. Tiered pricing (also called “bundled pricing”) makes it possible for processors to completely conceal base processing charges.
FLADCO has completed the due diligence on this complex service to ensure you will have consistent, transparent statements that are easy to understand and gain knowledge about what your charges are.
We have partnered with Clearent, a trusted payment processor, which has helped hundreds of auto dealers not only understand their statement but save thousands of dollars through lowering fees.
Clearent will lower your monthly
processing costs or give you $1,000!
In addition to competitive pricing, here are just some of the other benefits you will receive when you partner with Clearent.
- Next Day Funding – Get your money faster with Clearent’s 11 p.m. Eastern cut off time, one of the latest in the industry.
- No Hidden Fees – Clearent delivers one of the clearest, most detailed statements in the industry.
- Unparalleled Online Reporting – Clearent’s online reporting system gives you a clear view into your account so you can understand how much you’re paying and why.
- Top-Rated Customer Service – You’ll receive friendly support from a dedicated Account Executive plus 24/7 technical support.
- Flexible Payment Solutions – Clearent will work with you to create a customized payment program based on your unique needs.
Click below for more information
Contact Carla Widmer by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 504.782.7931 to sign up with Clearent today!